quinta-feira, 6 de novembro de 2008

Baobabs

When Mike was working in Luanda, he was very sad because there was nowhere he could go to climb. He wanted to go to Pedras Negras, but it was too far away from the capital and the roads were too dangerous. One day he decided that if he could not climb on mountains, he could climb….the baobab trees! So we went looking for baobabs right for climbing. We looked, and looked, trying to find the ideal baobab tree. Some had big biting ants, others were not steep enough…… We were nearly giving up when he saw the perfect climbing baobab. An old man was sitting on the shade. As soon as he saw us, immediately tried to sell his baobab fruit. I wasn’t too keen, the fruit is very, very sharp and I really didn’t fancy it that morning. However, to help the old man and to give Mike the chance to try that fruit he did not know and was very curious about, I bought it. Mike tasted it and I asked him what he thought. His answer was: “You know what? When I want to feel like my teeth are growing a beard, I’m sure I’ll find a more pleasant way to do it, without having to eat THIS!”

Sem comentários: